Wednesday, June 13, 2012

"you shoot me down, but I get up"

I recently noticed how people are having a really intense and emotional reaction to David Guetta and Sia's 'Titanium'. Of course the lyrical content is pretty heavy. Bold statements like "stone hard, machine gun, firing at the ones who run" are not exactly typical of a "pop song". I took a moment to learn more about the song from the lyrics to the video. I had already found "Titanium" to be 'sonic-ally pleasing' but after watching the video and reading the lyrics, I feel this record hitting me harder than anything and everything that's out there right now.

I was already a Sia fan and David Guetta is kind of "the sh--" right now and as a DJ he is also hard to avoid but I can't 'front': no matter how much trash that I have been talking about the whole "techno high" everyone seems to be on, David Guetta is making some good music. He is making the kind of music that makes people dance AND makes people feel. I suppose the video is up for interpretation but there is a message that is so loud, so clear, so sad, so awkward yet so inspiring. Maybe it's just me but there is something (kind of, really f---ing)awesome about this track. If you haven't already checked it out than here it is.

4 comments: