Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sore Muscles

For about 4-5 consecutive months last year I worked out 4xs a week for 2-4hrs a day. This would be the first time in my entire life that I worked out as much as I did. I guess I stopped once it started to pay off and this was in June. I recently started working out again for about 3xs a week for an hour a day but I keep 'upping the ante' every week. I feel sore at least once a week and sometimes it actually really hurts to laugh. Truth be told, I love the feeling. The feeling that I am working hard at something that is healthy and fulfilling.

Last night when I was spinning at Empire Hotel I was feeling pretty sore from working out the day before, but as I was spinning I had that same satisfaction from my DJ set. I really didn't DJ much in January and it took a while for me to warm up last night, but I kept pushing myself. I realized that I much prefer a challenge. I get bored when it's too easy. It is truly rewarding to know that I worked really hard to build up a crowd and create a good vibe.

I am sure in about a month or two, I will be able to do 1K crunches in one gym session. At this point, I won't have to work out as much.......but no matter how many times I spin out (and it is highly possible I have DJd over 1K parties) I hope that I never get to a point where I feel I've reached my 'top form'. I would never want to believe that my skills as a DJ is a finished product. I hope I always have the desire to keep pushing myself and be great. Every time I walk out of a gig, I want to exhale the same satisfaction I feel when I'm dripping in sweat and walking out of the gym.

4 comments: