Saturday, March 5, 2011

Love

Most music lovers think that love songs are cheesy but with more than 80% of songs ever written being about or inspired by love we all (whether we like it or even want to admit it) love a lot of love songs. What makes a good love song? With lines like “would you come to me if somebody hurt you even if that somebody was me?” or when Maxwell hits us with a bitter sweet declaration of how letting someone go is the best way that he can love that person. Or Al Green's raw intensity as he demands that his love be fully requited. Maybe it’s just for me, or maybe others can identify but the following are my personal favorites. The list is short but I’m sure it could be 100Xs longer if I really take more time to think about it, perhaps I could just add on as they come.


playlist at

4 comments: