Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Extra Mile

For me, the success of a good solid work-out at the gym is pretty much all about the music. OF course it didn’t come as a surprise that the music channels at New York Sports Club clearly targets a white male demographic from the age of 25-45. This is just an assumption after watching Bruce Springsteen or Bon Jovi or GreenDay at least once a day during my treadmill session. Oddy enough the music channel did open my eyes to the fact that rock can actually be very motivating for me and that is not something I use to consider when making my I-pod work out play list. Of course I still need my girly stuff and some hip-hop but throwing a little Nirvana 'smells like teen spirit', Paramore 'brick by boring brick' and Green Day '21guns' has added the extra spice that I needed to keep me going. My point is, when you put together your “work out” play list, you should consider something really different from what you normally listen to because it just might be exactly what you need. I think the key objective is to make it as unpredictable as possible.

5 comments: