Saturday, April 24, 2010

I turned it up!

Don't know what it is with me and 'sound guys' but I have always had a fairly strange relationship with 'the sound guy' at clubs. Not all locations have a 'sound guy' but the bigger clubs always have an in house AV guy. I guess with me it's always been a love/hate thing. I also know that I am making a big generalization. I think a lot of 'sound guys' have seen me as some stuck up diva 'type', though anyone that knows me knows that is not true. I always get this strange vibe of resentment from the AV guy. Maybe I'm crazy, or maybe I'm not but most AV guys are DJs too, and become AV guys because they hardly booked as DJs. Is that obnoxious of me to say?

hmm

Well, tonight I was rockin the house, and the sound guy came out of no where and started to yell at me, I mean really yell at me. "YOU ARE IN THE RED"!! YOU ARE IN THE RED!!"

Um, ok, it happens. It really does. When you have a packed house and hot dance floor a lot of DJs can get caught up in the moment and may not be aware of their levels. Perhaps after years of DJing our hearing has gotten worse, or the monitor is too loud. But no matter what, I and most DJs like to 'turn it up' or 'pump up the volume' whatever you want to call it, it's what we do!

Sorry:/

4 comments: