Thursday, December 24, 2009

Spinning in 'The Fountain of Youth'


I was once a very 'free spirited' and 'fun' teenager, and not too long after that I woke up one Spring morning and I was 30 years old. That was when it all started, and though I was still fun and free spirited, I would often find people gasping with shock when I would tell them my age. "Oh my god, you look so young!" or "No Way! Are you really 30 years old!!?". Hmmm I would think, I never put much thought into it, and I never realized that I seemed and looked much younger than I was. I would joke around and state how it's an 'Asian' thing or an 'Ethnic thing'. It wasn't until recently that I realized that I have been swimming in 'the fountain of youth' almost every day.

For the past 10 years, I have been working as a DJ, I have spent the majority of my time doing something that I really love. Not to mention that DJing is quite youthful by nature. Most DJs don't wear a suit to work, we sport jeans and sneakers and in some cases a baseball cap. A DJ could be 40 years old and still seem like a teenager. I do get 'dolled up' for gigs sometimes, but as soon as I wrap those headphones around my neck, I might as well be deducting 10 yrs from my appearance.

For every time I get a crowd dancing, for every time I hear that roar of excitement b/c I played the 'perfect' record at the 'perfect' time, I might as well be splashing my face, body and soul with water from the fountain.

This is not just some spiritual 'mumbojumbo' it has been proven that endorphins reduce stress, which reduces the natural 'wear and tear' on our bodies that come from aging. The happier we are, the younger we are. Yes, 'we are as young as we feel', and that is why we must spend the majority of our time doing something we love, something that makes us smile like an eight yr old. The more time we spend happy, is just more time that we will live and have to enjoy it.

5 comments:

  1. After a decade in the NFL searching for the right pieces and the right team, Carson Palmer has found a home in Arizona. NFL Jerseys And the Cardinals want him to stay awhile.

    The team announced Friday that it signed Palmer to a three-year extension, which will keep him under contract through 2017. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that the pact is worth $50 million with roughly $20 million guaranteed through 2015, according to a source who has seen the deal.


    It's a remarkable story for a quarterback nearly a decade removed from his playing for his only legitimate title-contending team -- the 2005 Cincinnati Bengals with Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh. Palmer tore his knee ligaments in the team's first Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes playoff game that season, sparking an NFL rule change and a wandering search for Palmer's mojo. Enter Bruce Arians.

    The Cardinals coach has an aggressive vertical style that complements Palmer's game, and the weapons to make him look better. Palmer is no longer a top-five quarterback like he once cheap sale jerseys was, but he still throws four to five passes each game that few quarterbacks could make. He's supported by NFL Jerseys Store a wildly talented supporting cast and a strong defense. Perhaps most importantly, he's learned to limit his mistakes.

    The contract extension indicates that Palmer will get more than just this season to win it all in Arizona, but we suspect very little is promised after 2015. Nike Roshe Run Palmer knows more than anyone this is a year-to-year league, and the Cardinals will likely build in contractual protection so they can easily move on from the 34-year-old if he nosedives new nike nfl jerseys or gets injured.

    The contract, however, does take the pressure off Arizona from finding a "quarterback of the future." They could still draft a quarterback to develop in the middle rounds next season if anyone strikes Arians' fancy, but they are comfortable with Palmer and backup wholesale jerseys Drew Stanton in the meantime. This Nike Air Max 90 Cardinals team has a chance to go deep in the playoffs, and Palmer must relish this final chance to rewrite his career.

    ReplyDelete