Friday, December 11, 2009

Some of my Best 'DJ bloopers'

Last night, I found myself remembering some of my major 'slip ups' and 'faux pas' as a DJ. Some of which were completely out of my control, most of which were just me not really knowing what I was doing or I just wasn't paying attention. The following are a few of them, but trust me I have plenty more to come.

PAY ATTENTION TO THE CROWD
A few years ago, I got booked to spin a party for Everlast Boxing Gear. I arrived a little late and went strait to the dj booth. The manager told me I had to put some music on ASAP. The doors had yet to open but a large group of the company's workers were just about finished setting up. I decided to start with Kanye's 'Jesus Walks'. Which was all good except when I looked around and noticed that the majority of the company consisted of Hasidic Jews. Apparently everything including the alcohol was kosher. Hmmm

SMOKING CIGARETTES ARE BAD
I use to be a pretty heavy smoker, though I did quit a couple of years ago. One night,(when smoking use to be permitted in clubs) I was smoking a cigarette and the cherry of the cig fell on the record, by the time I realized it, it had burn a hole through the vinyl and the needle was about hit it when I stopped the record, and there was about 20 seconds of dead air, which is an eternity on the dance floor.

WATCH OUT FOR THE TWINS
It must of been my third or fourth gig (ever). I was spinning at a small lounge in the LES. A couple of my friends came thru, and I reached over the Turntables to exchange some kisses, when one of my boobs knocked the needle to the middle of the last song on the record, there was a nice and loud scratch sound too. Oops!

4 comments: