Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Favorite 'Music Moment' of 2009

The success of Susan Boyle's debut album made me want to jump up out of my seat and applaud my fellow human beings. Boyle's album debuted at #1 in US sales, and broke all types of international sales records. Who'd a thought that one day we would be able to appreciate talent over the bubble gum pop appeal of tweens and sex goddesses (sadly enough the two actually go hand in hand). I'm not a 'hater' or 'hipster' if anything I am a gluten for pop culture, and that is why I am so happy that Susan Boyle has topped the charts. For once, I can feel like I'm not a 'sell out' for admiring a commercial artist. To be completely honest, the album itself is not really an album that I would purchase or listen to, but it is Susan Boyle's success that I find truly inspiring. I know I'm a bit late to join the party, but Susan Boyle's fame is quite humbling, and though she didn't win the comepitiion she did changed the face of pop music.

4 comments: