Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pink Champagne, Hanging Tough and a Halloween for Soccer Moms




It's been a busy month and it's not even half way done. Last Night I djayed a 'pink party' at the boathouse in central park. 'Pink parties' are actually a series of events to raise breast cancer awareness. These events are in partnership with Moet Champagne, and draw a youthful hip crowd for dinner and drinks. The energy was good, but at times I felt like I was forcing myself on to the guests. In other words, I don't think they wanted to dance but that's ok, sometimes the music is intended to warm the heart and soul and not the feet. Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, and John Mayer is what made the 'pink party' crowd happy.

This Saturday I am spinning an event for a client who has requested that I only spin music from the year 1989 and (not thru) 2009 (long story). At first the process of putting together the music seemed like a huge challenge, but in fact I have come to enjoy the process and am a bit nostalgic as I have dug up songs by New Kids on The Block, Terrence Trent D'arby, The Cover Girls and Sweet Sensation, yes I was a gluten for pop music and I still am;) I'll let you know how that event goes.

Currently I am working on a music project for Old Navy's Pumpkin Patch. Think babies, children, tweens, apathetic teenagers and Moms. Hmmmm well I'm trying my best to have something for everybody, with out offending anyone as these types of projects need to be cleaner than a surgeons operating table. That would be a No to anything by Lady Ga Ga and a YES to Taylor Swift, Demi Lovato, The soundtrack to Where the Wild Things Are and a whole bunch of 'scary' sound effects.

That's it for now, I will be spinning at Tillman's Next Wednesday for another great evening of live jazz, and funkalishuss treats by yours truly;)

4 comments: