Friday, August 21, 2009

The Superhero of West Africa

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" Frederick Douglass


(That's Enyo and I hanging out in the DJ booth at Tillman's last night)

For the last three years I have been deeply involved in the non-profit sector, primarily working with "at risk" youth. Sometimes I forget how important this type of work is. I also don't give enough 'props' to my co-workers and friends who are shedding their blood sweat and tears just to make the world a better place.

My friend, Enyonam Nanevie is one of those people. A few years ago Enyo started an organization that helps to build the quality of life within disadvantaged villages of West Africa. Their mission includes building clean water pumps, clinics and schools. Enyo has dedicated her life to this mission and the organization has already started making a big difference.

The name of the organization is:
Building Community Bridges
http://www.bcombridges.org

Check it out....

4 comments: