Thursday, August 6, 2009

Don't you forget about me.....


It's hard to believe there was a time when I wanted to look like Molly Ringwald. I was only 8ish, but I do recall begging my mother to let me dye my hair red. It's insane, especially for an 8 yr. old (and of course my mother wasn't haven't it). Between the dress that she made for herself in Pretty in Pink and the 'Claire dance' from Breakfast club, I wanted to be Molly Ringwald when I grew up and some may argue that it was all John Hughe's fault. In either case I was only a kid and I can't be held responsible for my childish obsessions. John Hughe's movies were a cornerstone of 80s pop culture and Molly Ringwald was the poster girl.

Well I suppose with the death of John Hughes it may seem like the end of an era, but the truth is the era ended as soon as Anthony Michael Hall started taking steroids and Molly Ringwald turned down the lead in Ghost and Pretty Woman.

Either way there were a few good tunes to come out of those 80s teen flicks.


4 comments: