Friday, July 10, 2009

Is it time for a digital diet?

I remember a time, not too long ago when I use to listen to the radio or watch MTV in hopes that it would play my favorite song (at the time). In some cases I would be able to buy the cassette/CD single at tower records or I could cough up the $15 to buy the entire CD, or I could borrow the album from a friend and record the song onto a cassette tape.

When I eventually had my own copy of the song, I would savor the moment and cherish the song with all of my heart. Today, I can pretty much listen to any song I want at any time even if I don't own a copy of that song. Oddly enough there is apart of me, that misses the rewarding experience of listening to a song I worked to obtain.

Is it possible that we have or might start taking music for granted?

4 comments: