Wednesday, July 22, 2009

E.97th Street



My first NYC apt was on E.97th street between Park and Madison. I lived there during some of the most colorful years of my life. I remember during the summer, old men would play chess in the middle of the sidewalk and there would always be a small crowd buzzing outside the corner bodega. Actually that bodega was probably the most authentic NYC bodega I ever knew. I lived within walking distance of Central Park and some of the best museums in the world. The most notable museum was the Spanish Harlem 'HALL of FAME' on 106th street and Park (the actual block not the show).

The hall of fame is a basketball court, rich with colorful art, painted and sprayed by some of the best graffiti artists in the world.


I miss Spanish Harlem.......


4 comments: